Fire Inspection Organization
Exigent Circumstances (emergency) Plain View Doctrine
- U.S. Supreme Court has set forth guidelines for inspection agencies. Some of these guidelines include:
- Inspectors must be adequately identified.
- Inspectors must request permission for the inspection.
- Inspectors should request a search warrant if entry is denied.
- Inspectors may issue stop orders for extremely hazardous conditions, even if entry is denied, while search warrants are being prepared.
- Having management sign a refusal is a good method to providing refusal documentation.
Fire Prevention Organization
FPT 102 - Fire Prevention and Inspection // Instructor: Kevin M. Kolb