- Special applications such as oil refineries, aircraft hangers, explosion or special hazard protection. Avoid use in areas where detectors are exposed to sunlight or welding. Must have an unobstructed view of the protected area.
- Early warning or life safety. Used for protection of means of egress or areas of high value; most efficient when flaming fires are expected.
- Same as for spot-type ionization; most efficient when smoldering fires are expected.
- Used in high ceiling environments such as churches, atriums and warehouses.
- Used in high value applications, such as computer rooms; also used in high air flow areas and some rack storage applications.
Additional information about Smoke alarms
FPT 102 - Fire Prevention and Inspection // Instructor: Kevin M. Kolb